All three rounds are now over and we will soon be having our finalist round, where the three 1st place winners of each round will compete for a chance to be featured in PRINT Magazine! Stay tuned and we will post the winning entries once the finalist round is over. Thanks again to everyone who participated and you can rest assured knowing there will be more contests in the future. We also want to thank our sponsors UPrinting.com, iStockphoto.com, PSDTuts.com and FontShop.com for making this all happen and for providing us with incredible prizes.
Stay tuned for more great contests and prizes!
From left to right, Round 1, 2, 3 and 4
From left to right, Round 1, 2, 3 and 4
UPrinting.com is a trusted leader in Online Printing, featuring a full line of high quality offset, digital and large format products at affordable prices. We are the only online printer to offer custom size options with turnaround times as fast as (1) one business day on almost every product.
iStockphoto, http://www.istockphoto.com, is the world’s busiest image market, with an image downloaded every 1.4 seconds. iStock pioneered the micropayment phenomenon in this industry, enabling buyers to license images for as little as a dollar. iStockphoto entered the stock video market with similarly enticing price points in September of 2006.
PSDtuts.com showcases some of the best Photoshop tutorials online. PSDtuts Tutorials not only produce great graphics and effects, but help beginners and pros alike get better at what they love – Photoshop.
Founded by Erik Spiekermann and Neville Brody in 1990, FontShop is the original independent retailer of digital type with locations around the world. FontShop carries over 100,000 fonts from more than 50 international foundries, and offers complete typographic services ranging from typeface selection to Custom Fonts creation.
- Cyan Ta’eed ( FlashDen.net ) ( FreelanceSwitch.com )
- Scott Belsky ( Behance Network ) ( Behance’s online Magazine )
- Amir Fallah ( Beautiful/Decay ) ( Hybridheart.com )
- Colin D. Graham ( Attahk.net ) ( Beautiful/Decay )
- Chris Spooner ( Blog.SpoonGraphics.co.uk )
- Rik Catlow ( Rikcat.com ) ( Rikcatindustries.com )
- Andrew Egenes ( Designfloat.com ) ( Britepilot.com )
- Matt Sung ( Design:Related )
- Fabio Sasso ( Abduzeedo.com )
- Darius A Monsef IV ( COLOURlovers )
How to Submit
Your original poster design file must be in CMYK color mode with layers intact, 18×24 (inches) and (vertical format) as in Illustrator “.ai” file or Photoshop “.psd”. If you win you will be asked to send the layered original file for verification purposes and also a high resolution PDF version for printing.
1. You will have a total of 6 source photos to choose from to create your competition pieces. One or several of the supplied images must be recognizable as a central part of your poster design:
2. You will have a total of 3 source fonts to choose from to create your competition pieces. One or several of the supplied fonts must be recognizable as a central part of your poster design:
Text to Used
The quote below must be included in your design ( and must be the only text in your design ) and be set in one or more of the fonts you downloaded above. Remember your use of typography is as important as your use images and other design elements.
“Graphic design is the paradise of individuality, eccentricity, heresy, abnormality, hobbies and humors.” – George Santayana
3. Create a thumbnail of the work at 72DPI and at 500 x 667 pixels in RGB color mode, saved as a JPEG, which you will submit to the Flickr group below:
4. Join the U-Printing International Poster Design Competition Flickr Group! If you don’t have a Flickr account already sign up for one it’s free!
5. Upload your poster thumbnail to your Flickr account and place it in the group pool “U-Printing International Poster Design Competition” that you joined.
- Only one submission is allowed, so please double check your files before submitting.
- We will announce the winners after the submission period has ended and the judge’s votes come in.
Questions & Comments
For any questions or comments please email us: contest [at] youthedesigner [dot] com