Hi Guys! Another awesome week has passed and today is that time of the week where we at You The Designer bring you a quick recap of the stories that we have featured in the past seven days. If you were too busy to read all the things we’ve shared last week, don’t worry because we are here to refresh your memories.
So if you’re all set, let’s get the ball rollin’ shall we?
News bites and other relevant topics are very important to us
designers. As they say, the only constant thing in the world is change. Therefore, being up-to-date with the latest industry news and trends will offer substantial help to anyone (or any designer to be specific) who wants to create anything relevant and worthwhile.
Last week, we’ve shared with you several articles that we believe can help you be in the loop in terms of digital art trends and innovation that will in turn help you in making your design projects relevant not only to your client but for the rest of the community.
Here are the informational articles we’ve published last week:
- A feature story about Utah-based illustrator, David Habben
- Small businesses to compliment your Graphic design day job
- Some creative uses of postcards
- A roundup of the best graphics tablet in the market in case you’re planning to buy one or upgrade your existing tablet
- A 411 on how the promotion or opposition to spec work can affect the graphic design community
- And some news and events happening in the field of industrial and interior design.
Inspiration is also an integral part of any designer’s day. And being designers ourselves, we value the importance of having a steady supply of inspirational artwork, people and articles in giving our minds that very important creative rush we need each day to do our work.
Having said this, our team is constantly scouring the internet to give you the most inspiring, most innovative and most creative things to help you achieve your creative tasks for the day. Last week we were definitely not short of inspirational pieces which include:
- A collection of Bento Art, which are artworks created from arranged pieces of food in a lunch box.
- Beautiful and highly conducive work spaces
- Cool and innovative watch designs
- Book cover redesigns of famous literary classics
- A collection of Big Bang Theory (TV Series) posters and
- Best designed music album covers
A great design is achieved whenever a great idea is molded into reality by a capable hand. But even the most capable hand in the world won’t be able to produce the best results without the help of tools. That is the reason why we here at YTD strive to provide you with tools that will be able to help you improve your craft.
And we were very generous last week (at least we think we are) when we gave you not one, not two but four sets of resources for you to use. Here’s a list to help you out.
- A set of 11 coffee stain brushes which are perfect for designing layout of print products like postcards, magazines and letterheads.
- 35 high resolution textures fashioned out of denim pants
- 5 amazing sketched cars photoshop brushes and
- A collection of 40 handwriting free fonts
So there you have it guys. Do comeback every few hours or for more interesting articles from our amazing team of designers and Internet addicts. Or better yet, subscribe to our RSS feeds and add us up on your Facebook, Twitter and Google+ profiles to get the latest and freshest information straight from our design labs.